This section describes how and when we may collect your personal information.
‘Personal information’ means any information relating to an individual, which can identify them – either directly or indirectly. It can refer, amongst other things, to an identification number, or to one or more specific identifying pieces of information, such as an address or date of birth.
When you do any of these:
- Set up an account on Out and About Style website
- Place an order
- Enter any competition, promotion or prize draw
- Upload an image or comment
- Sign up for our newsletter or subscribe to any other services that we offer
- Fill out any forms on any Out and About Style website
- Correspond with us, whether by phone, email or chat facility
Then, we may collect your personal information, including:
- Date of birth
- Email address
- Phone/ mobile number
- Technical information about how you access and use our websites, including your IP address, browser type and operating system. For further information about the use of your IP address and technical information please see our cookies policy.
We might sometimes ask you other details, but any required information is identified by an asterisk.
We’ll also require your credit or debit card details when you place an order (unless you pay with PayPal).
How we use your personal information
We use your information for the following:
- So we can personalise your shopping experience on our site
- To allow is to handle your orders, deliver products and process your payments and refunds
- To let you know about your orders
- To update our records and generally maintain your account with us
- To keep a record of when and why you contact us and to keep your contact details up-to-date
- For our statistical or survey purposes – so we can improve our websites and their services to you
- To prevent or detect fraud or abuses of our sites. Also to enable third parties to carry out technical, logistical or other functions on our behalf
- If you consent, to notify you of products or special offers that may be of interest to you
- To process your application when you enter a competition promotion or prize draw. (If there are other purposes specific to that competition promotion or prize draw, these will be explained in the applicable Competition Terms & Conditions)
How to opt out from newsletters
If you sign up to our newsletter, or ask us to send it to you, we may keep you informed by email, text or other electronic means about our products and special offers that we think you’ll like.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal information for marketing purposes, or to change your mind at any time.
You can opt out by:
- Choosing not to sign up for our newsletter and other marketing offers when you create your account.
- Unsubscribing from our newsletters by following the link on the newsletter (every newsletter we send you will include a link to allow you to opt out)
We’ll try our best to process request promptly but it may take a few days for your opt-out or unsubscribe request to be changed.
How we protect your information
Our sites use up-to-date industry procedures to protect your personal information. We also protect the security of your data during transmission using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption software. We may vary this in the future if we feel you will benefit from greater security whilst using our sites.
We have appropriate security measures in place in our physical facilities to protect against the loss, misuse or alteration of information that we have collected from you via our sites.
Disclosure of information
We may disclose your personal information to our service providers who operate elements of our service and process data on our behalf. These may include businesses who provide technology services such as hosting for our servers and email distribution, and business partners who provide delivery fulfilment services. Where such disclosures are made, this will be under contractual arrangements with us and carried out in accordance with the requirements of data protection laws.
Your personal information may be processed by us or our service providers outside the UAE in countries that don’t have the same standards of protection for personal information as the UAE. If your personal information is processed outside the UAE we will ensure that your personal information will be adequately protected as required by data protection law.
Your personal information and payment card details will be processed by CyberSource Limited and CyberSource Corporation (together “CyberSource”) for the purposes of dealing with payment transactions and to protect against fraud. Your personal information will be processed on our behalf by CyberSource and your credit/debit card details are shared with CyberSource and stored by CyberSource outside of the European Economic Area. We will ensure that your personal information will be adequately protected as required by data protection law.
We may carry out fraud and security checks with CyberSource and other organisations involved in fraud prevention. If we or they suspect or identify fraud we and/or they may record this and may also pass this information to other organisations for the purpose of fraud prevention. We, CyberSource and these other organisations may use this information for fraud prevention purposes in the future.
We will also disclose any of your personal information to any third party where we are under a duty to do so in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or protect any of our rights, property or safety (or those of our customers).